do the babes have to grow up so quickly? I am just so darn sad that my little Garner is starting kindergarten. I have been so torn about him going. Not just because I am not ready to let him go, but also wondering if he would be better off waiting one more year. I wish there was a concrete way of me knowing the right answer.
Choices about school are the hardest ones for me as a parent, by far the hardest. All the other stuff came so natural and easy. I spent so much time looking at schools in Cedar Park. We picked our house and neighborhood around our school. I LOVE it too! Kadon's teacher last year was beyond amazing and she will have all of the Krause kids. I love her even more for that too :) She says she can't wait until Garner is in 1st grade so she can have a Krause in her class again. Seriously, love her!
I think they both got great teachers this year too. I had a small talk with Garner's today and told her my concerns and am going to have another one soon. He does seem to be getting a little more excited, which is good. I, however, am an emotional mess. I haven't actually cried today, but it was a whirlwind of a day. B & I also avoided the conversation. Any other time Garner starting school is mentioned, I am in tears.
He is my buddy. He LOVES being home with his Mama and that melts my heart. I am truly going to miss his wild imagination & funny sayings all day around the house. He is my little snuggle bug too. He loved for us to snuggle on the couch while Porter napped. It is so hard to let go and let them grow up. I don't want to.
I am looking forward to having special time with Porter though. Although, I think he is going to really miss his "KK & NarNar"....more than either of us realize. He will be going to Mother's Day Out 2x a week, which will give me time to grocery shop, clean, and work at the school. I am room mom in both boys classroom and am going to be BUSY! As if I wasn't busy enough ;)
Too bad we can't just keep having babies........or can we?! HA!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
I have so many friends with babies starting kinder this year. I think every phase has its ups and downs and as soon as y'all get into a routine and see that he's happy, you'll be happy too!!
Post a Comment