A good friend of mine had a blog post that totally inspired me. See it here!
What is real beauty to you? Beauty has different meaning to everyone....it even has different meaning at different stages in one's life. Everyone should feel good about themselves and have confidence. Society makes that so hard and that is truly sad. Shame on society and media. Shame! Women have such a hard time with this topic and why should we? We should all embrace the things about each of us that are beautiful and run wild with them. We are all guilty of criticizing ourselves from time to time about something.
We should each find something new about ourselves every day that we think is beautiful. Why not right?! What can it hurt? My husband says all the time that confidence is the sexiest thing a woman can have!
The way that we feel about ourselves and the things that we say about it affect our kids. I don't want my boys growing up thinking they have to have a girlfriend that looks a certain way because of comments I made about myself. I want them to be humble and have humility and except others for who they are. I also want them to love themselves for who they are.
I also want our daughter {oh how I can't wait to have her!} to be full of confidence & self worth. She will learn by example. It is my job to set that example for her.
To me beauty is.....
motherhood
the ability to create life
freckles
my birthmarks
being a lady like my mama taught me
having a huge heart
helping others
my stretch marks from having my BIG baby boys
being a mommy & wife
the love I have for my husband
my opinions
the ability and strength to stand up for what I believe in
my passion for the things I care about
laughing
nursing a baby
holding my babies, not matter how big they are
my brown eyes...and knowing they melt my husband
being Italian and Native American {husband says it is a deadly combo haha}
having the most amazing friends
family
dirty hands and feet from playing in the dirt with my boys
how I feel in a sexy pair of heels
sleeping in my husband's shirts
Every woman should make a list of the things she finds beautiful and add to it constantly. I dare you to give it a whirl ;)






No comments:
Post a Comment