- We have had one heck of a busy summer and have thoroughly enjoyed it! We had had a couple of camping trips, a vacation, birthday parties, dates, family fun, play dates galore, plus a little time to just hang out in our pj's all day and sleep late.I am not ready for summer to end, but am excited about all of the things that come with school starting. I am excited about being room mom again for both boys, having more of a structured routine, fun things coming up with friends and family, getting to see our neighborhood friends more often...and BASEBALL. I am NOT looking forward to having to get up early every day....Ugh. I am NOT a morning person. That is my second favorite thing about summer: 1. having all my boys home 2. not having to wake up early.
- My BFF and her family are coming in town at the end of August to visit and we couldn't be more excited! We have lots of fun things planned and I will hopefully have many pics. To my boys surprise this will include a day at Schlitterbahn!!! They have been asking all summer and we have been pushing it off trying to keep the secret from them.
- I am officially a member of The Junior League of Austin! {Well a provisional anyway, which is your first year} I am soooo excited! I absolutely LOVE working with charities and the JLA is going to open so many doors and possibilities for me. I will have a lot I have to do this year to complete my provisional year and I am a little nervous because it is a HUGE commitment, but I am determined to make it work. I will be blogging about the awesome stuff I get to do. I have already met some amazing women. I find it humorous that some people have "made fun" of me for joining...making the assumption that it is just a bunch of snotty women in a grown up sorority....seriously makes me laugh.
- I will be blogging about adoption again soon.
- I am having a custom blog design done hopefully in September and am so excited! Ha, it is the little things some times :)
- After having so much fun with our vacation this year we are already starting to plan next years!!
- I am still loving getting to blog for Austin Moms Blog!
- I feel like I am making major progress is re-doing some things around the house {especially K & G's room}...I will post pics soon! I don't think I am doing great on Project 52, but having made progress with so many other things makes me feel a little better about it. I haven't even looked at my Project 52 list in months...oops. Add that to the "to do" list.
That's all for today...off to a bbq with friends!






No comments:
Post a Comment