Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Adoption.......

***Warming*** I am cranky and am going to blog vent......

We have been getting asked a lot lately by a lot of peeps what the status is on the adoption for us. There have been a lot of changes for Brandon at work {good changes}, actually those changes trickle down to me and the kids as well, so we have spent quite a while adjusting to that. We still have more adjusting to do, for probably the better part of the year. It is exciting changes, but still change is hard, especially for an OCD control freak with 3 kids ;). 

We have not been proactive in looking for baby girl Krause for a while. We plan to resume and may even explore the possibility of using an agency to better our odds in the beginning of 2013. Of course if someone called us today and said they found a baby we would take her in a heartbeat, we just aren't looking as hard as we could. It is not for lack of desire or wanting her though! I have baby fever so bad it is ridiculous! Every time I see a baby {especially my BFF's baby boy Cooper} my ovaries twitch out of control!!!!

People also keep asking if we are going to just give up and try for our own. That is not in the plans, but if we do we do. To be honest, I am tired of people asking and then having some sort of judgmental look or comment. It is rude and annoying {if you have asked more than once....first time offenders get a free pass;)} We don't know what is gong to happen.

We want to adopt because of the meaning it has in both of our hearts, NOT because we want a daughter. It is a draining and exhausting process and is hard to have patience at times. I think it is funny that people are so quick to judge and are so concerned about what we are going to do....I am sure they need to be worrying about their own crap instead of throwing their opinions my way. *side note.....I do not mind discussing the topic with anyone, I actually LOVE talking about it. I just get tired of people have snarky and/or rude opinionated comments about us adopting or having another of our own. People just genuinely asking because they are curious does not bother me one bit!!!

I wish the adoption process was as easy as making a baby....making one is so much fun. The adoption process is not fun, at least not yet anyway. There are some really fun family things we are planning on doing this year that I hope will make it easier that we don't have baby yet. They are things we wanted to do with the boys before they have to share us with another little person and before Brandon and I have to do the "newborn" thing over again :)

Sooner or later, one way or another the Krause family will expand. Just pray for us please. And don't make snarky comments because I may bite your head off. Just a warning ;) Ahhhh, I feel much better now that I vented!

No comments: