We are officially getting started on our adoption process and couldn't be more thrilled or scared! There are so many emotions involved with this decision. None of which we take lightly.
A lot of people do not know much about adoption or how the process works. Some people do not understand why we want to adopt at all, some think that we can't have anymore biological babies. I find myself getting VERY defensive about all aspects of the topic.
Brandon and I can still have babies biologically. We feel beyond blessed because of that too! I have quite a few friends that have had miscarriages, sometimes multiple. It is heartbreaking! I know how lucky Brandon and I are that we had 3 successful pregnancies and 3 healthy babies and we thank God for it ALL the time.
We are adopting because it is something we have both wanted to do for a very long time. Adoption is not something that you just decide to do one day, a lot of thought has to go into in. Timing needed to be right and we knew when the time was right. Our instincts told us when. I do still love the thought of having another biological baby, but that is not what I am meant to be doing right now. Another baby needs our family right now and we will find her.
We are also not adopting because we want a girl and "couldn't have one biologically"....that is absurd! That one gets me really pissed. We were always going to adopt. I had actually always envisioned us adopting a boy. We have always wanted a girl and Kadon wants a sister so darn bad. He asks for a baby sister on a weekly basis. He would be the most amazing big brother to a baby sister too! But we are not adopting simply because we want a daughter and did not have one.
I know I am just venting and am on quite the soap box, but if you could just hear some of the things people say. The comments I hear that were said to other people who adopted....it is shocking sometimes. People stick their foot so far down their throat it is amazing! I just want to give anyone and everyone a very fair warning to not say anything slightly offensive to me about adoption or our baby girl because I will fly off the damn handle. As my husband puts it, I am a force to be reckoned with. He is not joking. ;)
I understand people are entitled to their own opinions, but on this topic I don't want to hear it. To be warned by other parents that some people will make comments about the boys being our "real" kids....so that means she is fake?!? WTH? Or ask us why would we want someone else's baby? Again WTH?
I also find myself feeling protective of the birth mothers. Not all women that give their babies up for adoption are terrible people. Some truly make that decision selflessly and I respect the heck out of them. I cannot imagine having to even consider making that choice either. My heart breaks for those that do. But they chose to give their baby life...hopefully a better one. We will find our baby girl and give her unconditional love and the most amazing life!
A baby is born with a need to be loved and never outgrows it.
However motherhood comes to you, it is a miracle.






4 comments:
I am shocked and appalled at what people have said to you and others! I am amazed at you and Brandon for doing this and have nothing but respect and support for y'all (and birth mothers)! You go mama (to 4)!!
Thank you Allena! I really appreciate that :) People are crazy!!
I have been wondering each time I check your blog what the latest news was on your adoption, if you are still planning to adopt, if you’ll even post anything else about it, what the process is like, etc. I am so very happy to see this post & know that it’s still going. I’m sorry that you have to put up with ignorant people. I’m grateful for people like you & Brandon. My dad was adopted so when I hear of friends who are planning to adopt, it gives me little butterflies.
Aww Stacey, I am happy to do a post when something happens. We are very excited :) I will probably be using the blog a lot through the process.
Post a Comment