Thursday, July 14, 2011

Today I turn 30......

Remember when you are really little and 30 seems SO old....like ancient old. I do. I thought it would take forever to turn 30, it seemed so far away. Then I remember being a young teen and thinking...well 30 might not be so old, but it officially makes you a grown up.
Well, today I turn 30 {not officially until 2:45pm, but who is counting}. What makes a grown up? Marriage? Kids? Mortgage? Dogs? Well check, check, check, & check. I had all of those things well before turning 30. I  mean I obviously didn't land all of that this morning ;). 
Since I have been a "real" grown up for quite some time {Kadon is turning 8 this year!...but that is a whole different post} why do I still feel this strange feeling about turning 30? It's not that I don't want to be 30, I do. I am completely ready to embrace my 30's. I know my 30's are going to bring me amazing times & memories and I am excited. A year ago I was freaking out about turning 30, like seriously freaking out! Now, not at all. I just have this weird feeling there is something that is supposed to happen or I am supposed to do. Yet I haven't a clue what it is. I can't think of anything that makes me more of a "grown up" than I already am. Retirement IRA...got one. Suburban "soccer mom car"...got one. Anyone got anything for me????
Even though I have all of these things that already make me an official grown up I still don't really feel like one. I still feel like I am in my early 20's. I must not look like it though because I don't get carded as much. Damn. I honestly don't feel any different now than I did 5 years ago, if anything I feel better. Strange how that happens. 10-15 years ago 5 years made a huge difference, now not so much.
This whole "getting older" thing is baffling at times. I always thought growing up that it would mean something big to turn 30. Well here it is. Today is the day. Just another day =) Going to make a scrumptious cookie cake and celebrate with my sweet family. When I figure out what the big grown up thing I am supposed to do is I will let ya know ;)
Big date with the hubby this weekend and whatever he has up his sleeve...he makes me a little nervous. He planned a get together but won't tell me much. I laughed when he asked me what kind of stripper I wanted LOL {I laugh a nervous laugh because I don't think he would actually go there, but you can't guarantee anything with him. He is crazy!}
I am going to have another post for Goals for the Next 30 years :)

1 comment:

Allena said...

How fun - goals for the next 30 years - love it! Happy birthday!!