**WARNING....lots of pics ahead!**
There really are no words for how amazing my husband is! He planned the absolute best surprise party for me...with the help of many friends. Not one person slipped...my friends were so great at helping him and keep me from thinking anything too weird was happening. He has been planning this party for over 9 months!
B told me we were having dinner at the Belmont {they were fabulous about catering to my food allergies}, then he had a few surprises planned, then we had a room at the Hyatt downtown. Then on Sunday we were having a big BBQ bash sans kids at our house. I was excited and spent tons of time planning outfits for both ;)
We got to the Belmont early and had drinks at the outside bar...he had me facing the stage so I didn't see everyone walk in. Sneaky! The host took us to our table, which was in a private room....SURPRISE!
I was surprised by is all {Shut the front door!!! was what I kept saying LOL}. The 1st person I really saw was my sister. I started crying, then he told me his sister was there. I was in shock. I looked over and saw Rachel & Adrian {my sis & bro-in-law}, I just stared at them for a second. It was as if I needed someone to pinch me!!! I was so overwhelmed and completely speechless. I could not say anything remotely intelligent.
We had a fabulous dinner, lovely mojitos {well I did anyway}, and chatted.
 |
| SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!!!! |
 |
| Brother from another Mother...or as he puts it...sister from another Mister ;) |
 |
| Known this lovely lady since Brownies in 1987! |
After dinner I was instructed to get in a cab with my parents and sister and head to the hotel. No one would tell me a thing. Since I thought I was having a date with just my hubby and we wouldn't be doing a lot of walking I had on a tight dress and 5" heels. Well that was for the birds ;) We got to the hotel and I changed into my "BBQ" outfit. The shoes were so much more appropriate and comfy for the BOAT ride. A Boat?! Yes, my fabulous hubby had us all going on a boat cruise on Town Lake for a couple hours...completely stocked with 4 coolers...WOOHOO!
 |
| My fantastic cake! Top layer was gluten and dairy free...and oh so tasty! Thanks Courtney :) |
 |
| The crew. I am the luckiest girl in the world!!! |
 |
| I am beyond head over heels in love with this amazing man! |
 |
| Fabulous friend & photographer :) |
 |
| Neighborhood gals...we are missing Steph though. |
 |
| The 2 best cousins EVER!!!!! Love them to pieces! |
 |
| Friends, friends, friends! I have wonderful friends. |
 |
| Traveled all the way from Minnesota! |
 |
| Apparently my chip needed to be included in the pic ;) |
 |
| Silly girls...the hamburger helper hand is missing though! |
 |
| A few of my Daddy's favorite girls! |
 |
| She looks highly concerned heehee |
 |
| The tickler! {more detailed story not appropriate} |
After the boat we all went to the hotel and just partied the night away. Brandon convinced the hotel bar to stay open late, we got noise complaints, and had a blast!
The whole night meant the world to me and I will never forget it. Thank you to everyone that was there, you are so special to me. I am a very blessed and lucky girl. I don't really think I have stopped smiling since Saturday! {Just a few friends missed it, but it was due to a wedding and moving across the country...I missed you, but you were there in spirit!} The fact that Brandon tried to fly in friends that are out of state melted my heart! If you thought I was mushy about him before I really will be now....like, you will probably throw up in your mouth! Ha!
30 is off the the most freaking awesome start EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5 comments:
I would have given anything to have been there. Eric just could not get us out of being at the wedding. I tried to figure out all night how I could pull it off. Chloe and I are bringing a party to you though. :) It will be Chloe style. :) Love you friend.
I completely understand friend. B told me how upset you were and I know you wanted to be there! That is what matters to me love. I am excited for my party with you & Chloe =)
I’m not really sure why I got so emotional reading this, but I did. Made me tear up!
Awww, that is sweet Stacey! I was quite emotional too ;)
Yay! What a fabulous night - you look absolutely stunning and loved! 30 looks amazing on you!!!
Post a Comment