Friday, February 11, 2011

A New Adventure

Brandon & I have been getting asked "When are y'all going to have another baby?" since we were pregnant with Porter...and the question keeps coming. This is something we have not always agreed on at times. {which is very difficult....kind of hard to compromise on that one}If money were not a factor and we had the time to do the things with our children that we want to, we would have LOTS of babies....LOTS. Okay, back to reality...
We are not making any permanent decisions on not having anymore babies...we are much too young for any type of permanent decision. I don't like the idea of that control being taken from us if we later changed our minds {I am an admitted control freak}. If it happens....well his hair falls out and it happens HA!
In the mean time we are going to do something that we have talked about doing since Kadon was born and I am so excited, nervous, scared, giddy, plus tons of other emotions. We are going to adopt.....a GIRL {insert squeals of delight}!!! We are just now starting this adventure and have quite the road ahead of us, but we are ready for it.
We are not using an agency, just a family attorney recommended from some of our best friends/our boys God-parents. We have to meet with her, take some classes, get our home study done & meet our savings goal. The research has been going on for a while and I still have so much to do. There are some books I want to read and people I want us to talk to. We are so excited though and cannot wait to get our little princess. I think about her everyday. I wonder what she will look like, what kind of personality she will have...the list goes on. I have her nursery planned in my head {Brandon laughs at me}.
Our first preference is a brand spanking new babe...I would LOVE to be able to take her home from the hospital. We shall see though. Things don't always go the way you plan with adoption and you have to be flexible unless you want to be waiting longer. I am praying like crazy for her and the whole process. I welcome your prayers too, we can use all we can get!
I will definitely be keeping everyone updated on our Adoption Adventure!

"However motherhood comes to you, it is a miracle"

2 comments:

Allena said...

So happy for y'all! What a selfless and wonderful decision. I will be praying for y'all as you embark on this journey.

STACEY said...

Ashlee this is amazing! How absolutely wonderful.