Wednesday, January 5, 2011

HaPpY nEw YeAr!!!!!

We were lazy and comfy on NYE....stayed home and watched movies. I don't actually remember the last time we went out on NYE, it was probably in 2002 before I got preggo with Kadon. After kids it seems just too darn difficult to go out for NYE...trying to find a sitter, outfit, cab...blah blah. Plus staying out ALL night long...no thanks. You need a sitter the next day to recover from not getting enough sleep, never mind the hangover you may or may not have ;) So we just stay home. We usually do fireworks with the kids, but sadly forgot this year. They were quite happy to get sparkling  grape juice though ;)

WE WISH EVERYONE A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Now on to the resolution thing....I am usually not one for making them. Well this year I am feeling a little different. I think it is because of the stomach/food allergy issues I have had plus I am turning the big 30 this year too.
I want to....
  • start taking yoga
  • make good use of that gym membership I have. I LOVE the gym we go to, I just don't go that often. It's not because I don't want to go. If going to the gym doesn't fit perfectly in my day then I just don't go. I get busy with errands, or playing, there is naps, etc.....I justify all kinds of mommy and wife stuff over making time for the gym. Most of my good friends in our hood go to the same gym, so I plan on using that as my motivation. Plus when  we went the other day Porter did not cry at all! That is huge to me because I won't be the mom who leaves her kids crying just so she can work out. Sorry, that is just not me.
  • go hiking/camping with my hubs.....sounds like no biggie right?! Well I am not so much of an "outdoorsy" type of girl, but for him I will definitely give it a whirl ;) {and by not being outdoorsy I mean sleeping in a tent for more than one night and eating food we catch out of a river. Plus, not to get too personal, but I don't poop outdoors! EVER! and cannot imagine having to do so, therefore I may not last 2 days) Wish us both luck!
  • become a better cook....I am not bad by any means, but certainly not great either. My problem is when I cook I don't like the kitchen to be messy (OCD) and it seems like the more elaborate & fancy the meal the bigger the mess.
  • start making more time for me. I am like most moms who put everyone else before me. I pampered myself regularly with pedicures when I was preggo with Porter...mostly because I couldn't do it myself. I have had 2 since I had him. I think that is for the birds and I shall start getting more ;) plus other things....movies by myself or with a girlfriend (not just when a new Twilight movie comes out but more often!) Hee! I also plan on having one or two girls weekends this year...that include shopping, wine, and spa!!! Sounds fun huh!
  • play more, work, clean, & worry less...enough said!
  • finish the redecorating and house projects....there are a few minor things we {and by we I mean I ;)}have been wanting to do. Painting, building shelves, framing pictures, finishing some crafts, etc, etc.
  • break out my sewing machine. There are so many things I want to make...the list is endless!
  • grow spiritually...as a family!
  • spend less $
  • make decisions about extending our family....{insert prayers here}
  • de-clutter & simplify life...in all different areas.
Well that is the majority of it ;) Gosh for a girl who doesn't make resolutions I sure have quite the list this year. Turning 30 is doing something to me...I used to dread it like crazy. Now I am excited and am going to make it a wonderful year! I think my outlook on a lot of things changed after having the health issues I had for a while. Not feeling good most of the time really stinks and now that I feel great 95% of the time I am beyond thankful. I went through the angry & bitter stages about my food allergies/intolerances, but I believe everything happens for a reason. I just find the positive in it now. Bring it on 2011....

WE WISH EVERYONE A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments: