this past weekend Brandon, Kadon, & Garner went to the cabin for a "boys" weekend. Uncle Cory, Benji, Uncle Jason, and cousin Bo were there too. No mommies allowed this trip ;) They do this pretty often and the boys (little & big) really enjoy it! Well our dogs, Shoeshine and Miss Dixie, have just as good of a time there too. They know when Brandon is getting his truck ready for the cabin and they are hysterical running around the house making sure he doesn't forget to take them. It is funny and irritating all at the same time...I mean they really spaz out!! When we are at home they act like typical house dogs, but while at the cabin it is a different story. They are hilarious....they are the smallest dogs in the family, but they don't act like it. They run the pastures, chase the cows (they get punked by the cows each time but still do it every trip), play in the mud, swim in the lake, and chase the mule and 4 wheeler. Well this time the mule bit back at poor Shoeshine. He got ran over!!! Literally ran over. It happened and he jumped up and ran back to the cabin and laid on the porch. He walked around, ate, drank, went to the bathroom, ect. When they got home he was moving pretty slow and we were worried about him. His belly looked pretty bad. My concern was internal bleeding. We talked it over with our best friend who is about to finish vet school in 2 weeks (YAY) and decided to wait on taking him to the ER. Well 2:30am he was looking and acting MUCH worse so Brandon rushed him in. I waited at home hysterically crying :( Turns out he is okay....just really sore (like got hit by a 4 wheeler sore...so sad) The doc said if internal bleeding were going to happen it would likely be in the 1st 48 hours....24 more hours to go. He is pitiful and he milks it when I am around (typical guy!) But we are just so glad he is okay!!!! Oh and Miss Dixie is beside herself. She is just sulking and pouting because her BFF is out of commission....such a drama queen.






2 comments:
I saw your post on postpartum anxiety. When I think back on the first few months after Trent arrived I get sick to my stomach. It was such a horrible and a wonderful time. I hate that any mother has to go through any of that! I will be praying for you!! I'd like to hear the name of the book - I'm very scared I'll go through this again with future children and would love to have some additional ammo for the future. GOOD LUCK!!!
Thanks Allena! It sucks bad. Mine just kinda comes and goes...it can be really random, but consuming. UGH. I will get you the book info...I still need to go buy it. Let ya know soon.....:)
Post a Comment