I was so worried that I was never going to get Porter interested in potty training! I am not one to push the issue at all, I personally think it just makes it harder on everyone in the house. He showed signs of being ready though and I would occasionally ask if he wanted to try...I always got a very positive "No, I want a diaper...me no go in potty" He is stubborn!!!!
Well the first week of summer...on a Tuesday as a matter of fact, Porter woke up and said "Mama, I want to wear "nunnerwears" today, no diaper!" There you have it folks....it was that simple. I put him in undies and he never went back. No accidents, easy peasy. Pure bliss for this mama....I randomly gave him "Lemon M's" {M&M's} to show my appreciation ;)
He started out ONLY wanting to potty outside...wondering if I let that fly....I sure as hell did....whatever it took folks. For some reason he was scared of the potty, so outside we went. I actually thought about re-training everyone in the house to go outside on a regular basis to keep my house cleaner, but refrained.
After 3 days of outside going he finally decided to go inside and was just fine.
Soooooo, now I am diaper free in the Krause Casa and it is a beautiful thing! Not that I would mind a sweet little babe in cloths around here, but I will enjoy it while it lasts, that is for darn sure!







1 comment:
Great job! Trent still goes outside all the time. I think it's adorable. We have to work on him just not dropping his drawers without regard to where he is or who's around.
Post a Comment