Tuesday, August 7, 2012

San Francisco!

 My love and I had a blast in Frisco....we spent 5 days and 4 nights away from our wee ones. That sounded like a long time at first, but the time flew by and I honestly wanted a few more days. I missed the heck out of them, but was having sooo much fun just spending time with the Hubs. Plus I knew the kids were having a blast in Minnesota with Aunt Frach and Uncle A...they were spoiled just a tad ;)
Hubs and I ate yummy food, our favorite restaurant hands down is The Slanted Door! It is the best food we have ever had, we ate there twice while in San Fran it was so tasty :) They were beyond accomodating to my food allergies, which always wins points with us!
We went on some road trips, wine tasting, saw the Redwoods in Armstrong State Park...it was breathtaking! I cannot wait to go back and see more trees and hike through some of the parks.
We did a little shopping and saw some great sights in the city, our favorite being the Golden Gate Bridge. We were very bummed about not getting to see Alcatraz....all tours were booked half way through August! 
We were both a little let down about the city overall though, I think so many people we know raved about how amazing it is there that maybe we expected more, I mean don't get me wrong...we thought it was pretty and saw cool stuff, but the city is the dirtiest and smelliest downtown we have ever been to. I expected it to be cleaner, and there were random streets that were a tad cleaner, but over all the whole city was gross. We were also a little baffled at why people say that is is such a romantic city. TMI...we had no problem making our own romance LOL, but as far as the city being romantic we missed that one completely.
We plan to return at some point, but will definitely NOT be staying in the city. We will stay either in Napa or Russian River Valley...those were the two prettiest places we saw while driving around. There is a lot more exploring we want to do in that area (insert many wine tastings!!!) and we cannot wait to take our boys to see the Redwood trees, they would LOVE it up there!
The most crooked street in America...also was the cleanest and prettiest in the city!
Chinatown
Darn food allergies kept me from eating here...I was sad.
A beautiful church we randomly went in.
So close yet so far away :(
LOVED the bridge!!!!
Japanese Tea Garden

We basically got robbed by a Monk...long story ;) haha
Happy Anniversary lover!
B wanted to take the scenic route to wine country = me beyond freaking car sick = misery for all!
Muir Woods....beautiful!
Loves me some champs!!!! Korbel was amazingly beautiful!
I wanted to bring one of these bad boys home full of champs...
B wanted me to climb in a massive hole in the massive tree...I was scared a critter was going to get me...
so I made him do it :)
LOVE
There are no words for how awesome these trees are! Nature is amazing!
We could have spent a whole day hiking through the park! We want to go back and camp there with the kids!

We are already starting to plan our next getaway.....woohoo =)

1 comment:

It's a Beautiful Life said...

amazing pixs!!!!!!! Love them! SO awesome to have a trip with your hubby:)