some times requires trips to the ER for stitches. Poor little Monkey Bug had his first experience with that a couple weekends ago. We had been at a CPYL fundraiser all day and B took the boys to Cheyenne's birthday party while I volunteered. As I am leaving I get THE phone call from Heather telling me what happened. After talking it over with B I decide that I need to be at the hospital with them. I had a feeling since he needed stitches on his mouth that the doc would want to knock him out....I was right.
Brandon and I didn't realize how bad the cut was until they already had him knocked out and was cleaning it. We B thought he would need 2 stitches maybe, nope try 6 or 7!!! Little Punkin handled everything so well, we were very proud of him. There was minimal crying, the most I saw him cry was during the shot with the horse tranquilizer sedatives to knock him out. That was by far the saddest and hardest thing B and I have ever seen. So pitiful.
Once at home he got spoiled a tad ;) but he did great. We stayed home all week and tried to take it as easy as possible. He pulled 2 of his stitches out on Tuesday morning which cause B and me mild panic attacks, but the doctor said the skin was already healing nicely so not to worry about it unless he got hit again. HA! I was like a first time mom again...every time he ran or jumped I would gasp. I just knew we were going to be right back getting new stitches, but nope. All is well and healed up. The doc did an amazing job, it doesn't look like there will be much scarring or that anyone other than us will ever notice the scar. Yay! Chicks dig scars though ;)









No comments:
Post a Comment