Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Project 52 update....

Well this will probably be my last Project 52 update for this year {I am still trying to decide if I want to do it next year, maybe it will be project 26 haha}


A lot was completed:
1. paint mine & B's room
3. paint Kadon & Garner's room

4. frame pics of boys upstairs {I have the pics just not mats & frames}
6. go to the movie theater more
8. redo laundry room {consisting of building a cute shelf I came up with and installing cabinets, oh & painting!}....just need the cabinets, everything else is done!
9. go on more dates with my handsome husband...success! We have gone on more night time dates, but have also been trying to eat breakfast or lunch together at least once a week while Porter is in school. We love it!
10. finish reading all of the books I have started but have yet to finish
11. get more pedicures :)
12. start new books....{we used to read every single night and I want to get back to that!}
13. blog more
18. do more things with my girlfriends
22. try new crafty things....I LOVE being crafty!
24. clean house out room by room
25. organize each room/closet {I am an organizational freak, but can always improve somehow ;)}

26. take at least 1 weekend getaway with the Hubs
29. wear my cute clothes more....not workout clothes as much...complete with make up, even when not leaving the house all day :)
31. do something different with my hair...without cutting it short...changed it a while back without going short, dyed it dark, then last week cut it short LOL
32. wear my high heels more {I LOVE heels!}

35. learn more gluten & diary free recipes that are yummy...I did a lot more experimenting in the kitchen, but still want to do so much more catering to my allergies
36. find earrings that I am not allergic to
37. update framed pics around the house
38. finish cleaning out garage {ugh!}
41. worry less about the minor things and play more...I really tried my best and am happy with it!
43. make more $ monogramming
45. not to stress out planning G & P's birthday party {I love party planning and can go a bit crazy haha}
46. make dentist appts for B & me
47. try to not cry too much when G starts Kinder {snifffff snifffff}
48. get a huge head start on Christmas gifts {crazy sounding I know haha but I want to do some type of homemade gift for everyone which = time consuming}
49. do more nice things for people I do not know
50. get all preliminary stuff done with the adoption

51. meet our financial goal for the adoption
52. try NOT to go over board buying Baby Girl Krause stuff ;) {I can't buy clothes since I won't know what season will go with each size, but I can buy hair accessories heehee and room stuff} Pray for my husband please!....I only bought her a few things, even though at times it was hard to refrain!



Some are not going to get done:
2. start taking yoga...grrrr
5. learn to sew {my machine has been sitting in my office patiently waiting for me to use it for a while}...super bummed about this, but my grandmother will be spending a lot more time with me and is going to teach me next year! Yay!
14. finish my boys baby books...sad I know...I had great intentions. Sad.
15. take more home videos....Sad again.
16. take some dance classes...next year
17. scrapbook more...yeah right!

20. grow spiritually as a family
21. have more one on one dates with my boys...going to try really hard at this next year, we did do a lot more special outings as a family, they usually want to be together anyway...sweet!

23. shop @ the farmers market more {I go every couple weeks but want to go every week when possible}...now that I have  Natural Grocers that is my go-to grocery place!
27. raise $1500 for St. Baldricks {must start ASAP!}...this was a hard year getting donations...we will try again this next year!
28. finish hanging pics in both boys rooms...WILL get done in 2012, we are changing things around so it was put on hold, but still ugh.
30. plan (with my Aunt's help) the Huckabay family reunion...FAIL.
33. start having more bbq's at our casa...bummer, we are planning on starting the year off with one though ;)
40. Brandon and I volunteer at a soup kitchen....we did do a lot of donating in other areas though
42. watch more documentaries...we watched about the same as in previous years
44. assist my hubby in building the kids fort in the backyard...next year for sure
Some are still in process:
7. start & complete p90x...we started but had to stop because of my diet/allergies, then started again and had to stop because of B's schedule, and just started again. 3rd time is a charm right?!?!
19. become a better cook....hard to answer this myself haha
34. make a homemade pie completely from scratch {gluten/dairy free of course}...still holding hope on this one for the holidays
39. not make any trips to the hospital {after my year last year this had to make the list!}...I am NOT jinxing this one!


It was fun and I really enjoyed it! Now I just need to figure out what I am doing for 2012....hmmmm

2 comments:

Allena said...

I am such a failure at mine. I've pretty much just given up - ha! Just have to tabulate how much I owe.

Walker family said...

I need to make a list for this year! I would love to get some things accomplished and see them getting crossed off a list, helps me stay motivated!
You rock!! ;)