Friday, May 27, 2011

OCD Anonymous

Hi, my name is Ashlee, and I am OCD. 
I get made fun of ALL the time for how OCD I am, especially about certain things. My pantry is one of them. {Even 2 of my bff's that are also OCD make fun of my pantry}
Well I started a pantry make over a while back and am finally done! Yay. I had an abundance of Tupperware....more like a collection. I decided to get rid of at least 75% of what I had. I am so happy to be done with it. I put as much as I can in glass jars. {this comes from the "hippie" part of me...I want as little of the things we consume in plastic as possible...in my opinion glass is safer and better}
Before, and I wish I had pics, every shelf had tons of modular mates...except the shelf with canned goods. Now there is just one! Hooray!
2 bins at the bottom have "bulk" items then trash bags, chili roaster, and small bowls
empty shelf {love it} with dog food
black bins to hold lunch boxes, throw away serving pans, & randon items, bronze party tins, then paper goods on the shelf. {one container for napkins, the other 2 containers have plastic utensils}
2 beverage jars & my basket plus the beginning of the glass jars
more glass jars, plus liquor, koozie basket
popcorn popper {no bagged popcorn allowed in mi casa}, cupcake stand, food saver, glass jars
cereal, noodles, recipe books :)
each row is item specific...i.e- oil, peanut butter, honey/syrup, jelly, ketchup, chicken stock
I still need to finish labeling them :)
I try to not have too many canned goods...mostly beans. I don't like the  toxic crap in the cans!

I know I will get made fun of more now, but that is okay. My pantry makes me happy...just wish I could paint it ;) HA! I will leave out a post on my color coordinated closet.

2 comments:

STACEY said...

I am terribly OCD myself so I love this! My closet, too, is color coordinated- then within the colors is sleeveless to long sleeves.

The Krause's said...

LOL Stacey...me too! :)