Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Warrior Dash 2010

Pre-race {obviously} - Crazy & Crazier {the one in the middle and right} are pumped and ready to kick ass. The one in pink is thinking "What the hell am I doing here?!?!" Due to random health issues I have had for the past 3 months my intentions on training went right out the window. I really did have great intentions! Well I think in the past 3 months I maybe worked out 1 or 2 times. So staring at the start line had my nerves going.
I mean let's talk about what the Warrior Dash is exactly....a 3.2 mile run with 11 obstacles from hell along the way. {they of course hype it up to be VERY intimidating} We kept thinking it can't be that bad....;)
Obstacles included: jumping over clunker cars, jumping through tires, climbing 2 rope cargo nets, "wading" through a VERY muddy creek, sliding down a hill in the mud {best to just sit and slide}, climbing up a muddy hill via rope, jumping over coals on fire, and finally army crawling through the mud with barbed wire over the top of you. I think that sums it up! Piece of cake, right?!

The race starts and like a Speedy Gonzales my husband is long gone. Any one who knows him knows he is ridiculously competitive!! {I am talking over the top competitive} So proud of him....he finished in 30 minutes!

Just take a look at my sexy husband! Go baby go!!

The boys all thought this was awesome and can't wait until they can do it too!


Here is Miss Courtney {aka Crazy} I swear this girl is related to my husband some how because they are two peas in a freaking pod. They pick on each other like siblings and are beyond competitive against each other....seriously!

This girl is not afraid to get dirty =) I LOVE her!!!!

I am jumping over fire....pooped beyond belief! Did I mention that I was sick the night before!? Sheesh.

This is my "Oh dear, I really have to get in the mud" face....really?!

Then I busted my butt!

I decided that I would crawl through the mud instead of swim...I mean why get dirtier than I had to right. Well...the people on the sidelines with the megaphones called me Miss America for trying to stay clean. Then I had mud thrown on my twice to dirty me up a bit....thanks! I was trying to keep the dirt out of my eyes since I was wearing contacts. Let me tell you how mud and sand feel in your eyes with contacts in....painful.

Proof that mud was thrown on me ;)

I finished and survived! HA! It really was a blast and we are definitely doing it again next year. {after training of course}

How cute am I?

Besties...with one super cute Superman baby ;)

Our cheer group rocked!

We donated our shoes and trashed the socks LOL

We are Warriors!

2 comments:

STACEY said...

I am so glad you posted this. I have been wondering what in the world this “Warrior Dash” was. You are a rockstar, girl!

Walker family said...

Very cool!!!