Friday, November 5, 2010

Did you know....

that is vaccination awareness week? Well I did and I had the best intentions on doing a few post on it and well, it was one thing or another. Ya know, the usual.

Vaccines are something I am quite passionate about these days. I highly regret the fact that Kadon is fully vaccinated and I feel very lucky that so far he hasn't had any problems with anything. Garner was fully vaccinated until 3 and nada since then, going to stay that way too. Finally, lil Porter had only had a couple and it will stay that way as well. Porter is my healthiest child so far too, followed by Garner. His immune system has not been lowered by all the nasty vaccines. (People want to blame school/day-care for their kids being sick all the time but if they are fully vaccinated their immune systems have been lowered thus causing them to get sick more...sad)

I started doing my research on vaccines after Garner was a toddler. My instincts told me to be very careful and learn about what I was letting doctor/nurses inject in my babies and I am SO glad I did. Doctors don't give parents the full scoop on vaccines and their dangers. (For a reason too...they get more $ the more vaccines they give)

I think the idea of vaccines came from a good place, someone had wonderful intentions and they have done good things. Somewhere along the way it has turned into BIG business and it is more about the profit than anything.

I think ALL parents should read this book. You should know what is in the vaccines you are giving your child and know the risks that follow it.


One of the beauties of being a parent is getting to make your own choices with what you want for your children. I am not posting this to tell parents not to vaccinate, I am posting this to help other parents become aware and educate themselves on what they are giving their children. I think parents should make an educated choice because they did the research rather that just believe what your pediatrician tells you.

We chose not to vaccinate on 99% of things because to us the risks from the vaccine out-weigh the benefits of the vaccine. I could seriously get on one hell of a soapbox on this topic, but will refrain.

Just a few tidbits though ;) Did you know:

if something contains more than 200 ppb (parts per billion) of mercury it much be thrown away at a hazardous waste site, water must contain less that 2 ppb, and the flu vaccine contains 50,000 ppb! That is shocking and completely NOT okay! Bet the pedi didn't tell ya that!

Mercury poisoning and autism have scary similar symptoms and both are avoidable.

Most parents also don't realize how easy it is to get an exemption form for vaccines (for day care & school)...SOOO easy. Ask me, I'll tell ya ;)

2 other books that I LOVE are -

The Vaccine Book by Dr. Sears
&
How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of your Doctor by Robert Mendelsohn M.D.

Do your research parents....your kids deserve it!

2 comments:

Walker family said...

Thanks, Ashlee! I am definitely going to pick up some of your book recommendations! Both my girls have had their vaccinations to date but I am really wondering about the vaccines with this third baby...I don't tell many people, to avoid the "your a bad parent", but we don't get flu shots, my girls have never had one! And they've never been sick with the flu either.
Anyways, I could go on about Docs and this stuff but maybe another time. ;-) Thanks again.

The Krause's said...

We are anti-flu too Mary. We should chat more about this...I love when I find other mothers who are in the same boat as me. It makes it easier to talk about it ;) Plus I think you have to be extra careful with boys! Can't wait to get together ;) I will have dinner for you next week too!