Saturday, March 20, 2010

St. Baldrick's 2010

We had a blast at the St. Baldrick's event again this year. It is hard for me to put into words how we feel about this charity organization. We try to help out and donate to a lot of charities every year, but after Kristi & Coitt got us involved with St. Baldrick's last year it quickly became our favorite. We have literally looked forward to it since the day Brandon and Kadon shaved their heads last year. This was Garner's 1st time and he was so excited!
Since the weather was so crappy it was held indoors. It was very crowded and a little chaotic, but the up-side was that a lot more of the kids with cancer were able to come watch. The smiles on their faces was amazing and emotional, very emotional actually. I was fighting the tears quite a few times through out the day. The only thing that kept me from falling apart while my boys were getting their heads shaved was that I was too busy taking pics. I wiped some tears quickly then sucked it up. I was so very proud of the 3 of them! It is very important to Brandon and I that our children grow up knowing the importance of helping those less fortunate. They both (especially Kadon) think it is pretty cool that they got to help the kids feel a little bit more normal. I love that!
I am also proud to say that we raised over $1000 and still have a few donations to collect!! THANK YOU to each of you that helped us....you ROCK!!!
This is a charity that we plan to be involved with every year. I am also planning on helping more extensively next year...I want to be on the committee and am looking into it.
Brandon and I are so blessed, lucky, and thankful that we have 3 HEALTHY children!!! I don't even know how to put into words just how thankful we are. If you are a parent you know what I am talking about. No parent or child should ever have to go through something of that nature and a parent should never have to bury a child. The thought makes my stomach turn. My heart goes out to all of those parents and children out there...I pray for you! If you have healthy children in your life, say thank you and pray for those who do not. They need it.
After we left Dell Children's we ate lunch with Aunt Cookies (Kristi) and Uncle Coitt (2 of our favorite people in the world and our kids Godparents) and their family. It is always a great time with them. After lunch we go to Uncle Coitt's fire station!!! Always a big hit with all the boys, big and little ;) They loved getting to put on all of the equipment and seeing everything. They can't decide if they are going to be firemen or police officers when they grow up! Brandon says he wants to be a fireman when he grows up too....;) He knows Mama thinks firemen are sexy LOL
My stud-muffins before

My stud-muffins after

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my family!

Uncle Coitt ROCKS!!!

These 2 boys were in HEAVEN!!!

1 comment:

STACEY said...

So cute! I love it!