I remember staring at him, thinking about all of the big moments that would take place in his life. The first day of kindergarten being one of them. The thing I didn't realize is how fast that day would get here or how hard it would be on me as his mommy.
Don't get me wrong - I am SOOO excited for him and he is beyond excited!! I know he is going to love it and he makes friends so easily. But I am heartbroken...I feel like a piece of me will be missing. I have spent the last 5 years and 9 months with that sweet angel and now he will be spending 7 hours a day with a stranger. That is hard to swallow!!! My house will be a little bit more quiet from 7:45am to 2:45pm and that makes me sad. For those 7 long hours I am going to miss his orneriness, giggles, sense of humor, questions, smile, hugs, and I love you's.
I have shed many tears already and know there are many more to come. Kadon asked me once why I was crying and when I told him it was because I was going to miss him while he was at school all day his response was (as he hugged me and patted my back) "Don't worry Mommy, I will come home for dinner" This made me laugh so hard!!
Time has just gone by so fast and it seems to go faster with each baby. Each and every second of motherhood, whether you are blissfully happy or pulling your hair out, should be enjoyed to the fullest because you can't get that time back!
I know God is going to give me the strength to make it through the 1st day and give me peace & comfort about his teacher....He must have heard my numerous prayers ;)
P.S. - his teacher seems great, Brandon and I were impressed and Kadon liked her too.
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Your post made me smile because I KNOW now just how special ever little noise and movement is, and I know it just gets better the older they get. I feel so blessed to be a mommy, and I know I will treasure every moment, and miss them when they are gone. I can, yet can't, imagine Mallory's 1st day of school. But I also know having been a teacher that it is a great time in the child's life too. I once had a mom tell me "I gave you my baby and you gave me back a little person, and a smart one at that". It will be hard, but think about all he will learn and do this year and smile- you are raising a great kid. (Oh and remind me of this in 5 years when Mallory goes to school too!)
Post a Comment