Friday, June 26, 2009

Baby Porter's arrival.....

We went to the hospital on June 22, 2009 to be induced! I'm not sure who was the happiest about this!!! I got my water broken at 8am, contractions started, but weren't anything to really get excited about. There was quite the party in my room...Me & B (obviously), Heather - co-coach, Mimi & Papa, Tanya - photographer, Kristi - videographer, plus the two most wonderful nurses ever!!! At 10 they decide my contractions needed a little help so I got a small dose of Pitocin (which I was not pleased with at first b/c we wanted to have a drug free birth and Pitocin makes contractions SOOO much harder/faster) But oh well, right!? That kicked in by 10:30 and the party ended...everyone left except my 2 coaches aka the greatest husband in the world and a dear dear friend!!!
It did not take long for those contractions to take off full force!! Words cannot express how wonderful Brandon and Heather were in helping me get through labor with NO pain medication....I certainly could not have done it with out them there in full support =)
I finally asked a nurse to see how far dilated I was at 12:03....she said a 6! I'm thinking okay a little longer to go - I can do it, I can do it.....
Well, literally a minute later my eyes get huge and I tell the Mr "Baby dropped and it is time to push!!!" (This is the part where I am pretty sure everyone else eyes get huge...how they ask? She was just a 6 a minute ago!) Heather RUNS down the hall to get my mom, Tanya, and Kristi. Nurses page my doctor 5 times in a row and he is now RUNNING to make it in time. (He had to take the stairs...wasn't time to wait for an elevator LOL)
Doctor comes in jumping to put on his booties sits down on the stool and 4 pushes later Baby is out and laying on my chest at 12:13 pm!!! (note...that is just 10 minutes after I was dilated to a 6!!) Holy crap....I just had an 8 lb 11oz perfectly precious baby boy with NO drugs! Brandon says I am his hero and when he grows up he wants to be like me...he makes me laugh!
I feel like Wonder Woman....now I know there is NOTHING in this world that I cannot do!
Giving birth to a baby are the 3 most wonderful experiences I have ever had, but doing it sans drugs made it a whole new and even more wonderful experience this time...there really are no words to describe it!
As with being the most wonderful thing I have ever done it was also the hardest thing I have ever done...now Brandon and I have a new little angel to show for it! What a reward....God is amazing!!!!!
Now for the pics....
BIG belly pic @ hospital...sans make-up (husbands orders) (yes I put make up on for my other 2 deliveries...the pageant girl is still in there lol)
Proud Daddy
Happy Mama (note: I finally put make up on hehe)
Bobby Porter Krause about to get his footprints done
My birthing co-coach, my friend...you rock! (I LOVE U)
Me, baby, and my Daddy after he found out we named baby after him!
Nurses Bleu & Renee....they were awesome :)
Another member of Team Krause...Tanya :)
Aunt Cookies (Kristi) & Uncle Coitt aka Godparents!
Sweet Baby Porter
The 3 Krause Boys!!! (trouble trouble trouble:)
Snoozing at home, finally!!

1 comment:

STACEY said...

Ashlee he’s perfect! I’m so happy for y’all!