Saturday, March 21, 2009

All in the name of charity....

Today was one of my proudest moments as a mommy and wife and one of the most fun days spent with my family and friends! We went to the St. Baldrick's Foundation charity event at Dell Children's Hospital. Brandon and I have been raising $ for the last few weeks to benefit children with cancer. Our goal was $1000 and so far we raised $1225!!! (We still have a few more checks to pick up and mail in) We want to THANK everyone who helped us out. It meant the world to us and if you could have only seen the children's faces today.
It was a very touching experience! I do have to admit that I was a little concerned about what my man was going to look like with out hair but it is just hair, it will grow back :) Plus he looks pretty sexy if I do say so!!!! To put a smile on those kids faces...there are no words for how that felt!
Kadon had mentioned wanting to do it also, after I explained what was going to happen to Daddy. Well we signed him up when we got there and I think he was more excited than anyone to do it. We were hanging out with Aunt Cookies (Kristi) and Uncle Coitt the whole time....and the kids think they are pretty darn cool. Uncle Coitt is a fireman, so he is really cool...plus he acts like a kid =) The boys were glued to him all day. He got his head shaved first with the rest of the firemen then Brandon and Kadon went together. I was one proud Mommy :) Kadon told me afterward that he was very happy that he made other kids happy and showed them how to be brave....I had to wipe a tear.
We will be returning to this charity event next year :) It was a blast for all of us. Brandon and I have always been all about helping people out and we have our favorite charities....It is important to us to have the kids involved as much as we can...and I think we have created an unstoppable force. Especially with Kadon....he wants to help everyone. We love it! Here are some pics from our awesome day......

Here are all of the kid "shavee's"

Our pre-shaving family pic (note the dirt on Garner's face)The boys got to get their hair spray painted
Garner the Wild Man! (even funnier b/c his shirt says "keepin it old skool" LOL
Kadon with the totally awesome Uncle Coitt
My boys with their barber's - ready to go :)

Thank goodness he didn't leave it like that...I think he was trying to scare me!

He was ALL smiles getting his doneThis is one of my favorite family pictures of all time!!!
Lastly, we had to make a stop by Uncle Coitt's fire station and one of the firemen let Kadon spray the hose.....that really topped off his day! He was on cloud 9 =)

2 comments:

It's a Beautiful Life said...

That is so great friend. You all are Making great memories!Give the boys hugs! And kisses on their heads:)

STACEY said...

too cool!